The ULI New York Mixed Use Council is a group of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, brokers, designers and public sector leaders topically focused around mixed use development.
The mission of the council is to advocate for the smart, sustainable, health-promoting development of the New York region’s growing neighborhoods and economic centers and to share best practices in developing compact, transit oriented, mixed-use communities. The New York region must rise to the twin challenges of meeting the housing needs of its growing population and preserving its status as a leading center of global competitiveness and innovation. As a real estate industry leader, you have a vested interest in how the city meets these challenges and the expertise to help craft the next solutions. Let’s work together to help shape the city’s future.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote a pro-growth, pro-development agenda that supports the economic growth of the New York region and enhances our global competitiveness through progressive land use policies and long-term economic development strategies;
- To convene a trusted network of New York City’s best and brightest real estate industry professionals, including a cross section of developers, owners, providers of capital, designers, and related service providers, to share best practices and lessons learned about responsible mixed-use development strategies through the sharing of case studies;
- To provide a forum for information exchange on the state-of-the-art in transit oriented development;
- To serve as a resource to city and state government and the greater public on development policy and responsible urban growth;
- To provide an objective forum for real estate industry leaders to discuss development policy with city and state officials and community members; and
- To balance the need for affordable housing with concerns about density and maintain New York City as a world-class global center.
Success of the Local Product Councils is built on passionate leadership, participation, and creating the right mixture of expertise. Councils provide opportunities for leadership and volunteer involvement in ULI at the local level by fostering a culture of openness, promoting excellence in programming, and sharing issues critical to the land use planning and real estate development industries.
Local Product Councils are led by co-chairs who are responsible for content, guest speakers, schedule, and membership of the council. Membership of each council will be in the range of 25-40, and council members will be expected to attend regularly and participate in the information exchange. Each product council will determine its meeting frequency, but will range from 4-8 meetings each year. Membership in Local Product Councils is free, but open only to ULI members. If a product council membership is full, a wait list will be created.
Anne Fletcher, Principal, HOK
Adam Meister, Vice President – Development, The Howard Hughes Corporation
Rich Monopoli, Senior Vice President – Development, Boston Properties
For information about getting involved with the Mixed Use Council, please email Kathryn Dionne.