ULI NY Awards
Learn more about our 2020 virtual gala here!
2019 WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Larry A. Silverstein Honored With First-Ever Visionary Leadership in Land Use Award.
On April 4, ULI New York announced the winners of the annual Awards for Excellence in Development, which honors exceptional development projects that exemplify ULI New York’s mission and values. Development teams receiving this prestigious award must demonstrate innovation, responsible land use, and beneficial community impact. ULI New York presented awards to nine development teams for their groundbreaking work across the city at the organization’s annual gala at 583 Park Avenue.
WINNERS OF THE 2019 ULI NEW YORK AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN DEVELOPMENT BY CATEGORY:
Excellence in Market-Rate Housing Development:
- Denizen Bushwick – Brooklyn, NY (All Year Management)
Excellence in Affordable Housing Development:
- Landing Road – Bronx, NY (Bowery Residents’ Committee)
Excellence in Repositioning or Redevelopment:
- 70 Pine Street – New York, NY (Rose Associates and DTH Capital)
Excellence in Mixed-Use Development:
- Essex Crossing – Phase 1 – New York, NY (Delancey Street Associates; a JV of L+M Development Partners, Taconic Investment Partners, BFC Partners, the Prusik Group, and the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group. Public Sector Partner – New York City Economic Development Corporation)
Excellence in Institutional Development:
- Columbia University New Manhattanville Campus – Phase 1 – New York, NY (Columbia University)
Excellence in Civic Development:
- WTC Cortlandt Street Station – 1 Line – New York, NY (MTA Capital Construction and New York City Transit)
Excellence in Office Development:
- 3 World Trade Center – New York, NY (Silverstein Properties)
Excellence in Industrial Development:
- Building 77 – Brooklyn, NY (Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation and City of New York)
Excellence in Hotel Development:
- citizenM New York Bowery Hotel – New York, NY (citizenM)
To view the Visionary Leadership in Land Use Award video honoring Larry A. Silverstein, and learn more about the award, visit nygala.uli.org/visionary-leadership-award
MEET THE 2019 WINNERS ABOUT THE AWARDS
The Awards for Excellence recognize outstanding development projects in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors across New York State that best exemplify ULI’s commitment to responsible land use and creating sustainable, thriving communities. The Awards are open to ULI members and non-members alike. Applications can be submitted for projects located anywhere within New York State, with exception of Westchester County, which is part of ULI Westchester/Fairfield. Projects must be completed between January 1, 2014 and November 2, 2018 to be eligible.