2017 Economic Forecast: A Conversation with Mark Zandi
Join ULI New York for a lively discussion featuring Dr. Mark Zandi, Chief Economist of Moody’s Analytics and cofounder of Economy.com. Just weeks following the presidential election, members will have the unique opportunity to engage with an influential top economist and global thought leader in this interactive Economic Forecast session. Dr. Zandi’s broad research interests encompass macroeconomics, financial markets and public policy. His recent research has focused on mortgage finance reform and the determinants of mortgage foreclosure and personal bankruptcy. He has analyzed the economic impact of various tax and government spending policies and assessed monetary policy response to bubbles in asset markets, and will share their implications at this members-only gathering.
Questions to be addressed include:
- What is the post-presidential election economic outlook and what policy changes can we expect?
- Can we anticipate federal interest rate hikes both short and long term? What will be the impact on the real estate market?
- The overall economic recovery is now 7 ½ years long, what should we expect moving forward?
- Are there bubbles in commercial and residential real estate approaching? Where else in the market can we predict bubbles?
- How will the actions taken by other world economies, namely those in Europe and Asia, impact the U.S.?
Dr. Zandi will present a comprehensive assessment of and projected outlook for the U.S. and global economy, and describe the implications for the commercial and residential real estate markets. He serves as a trusted adviser to policymakers and frequently testifies before Congress on topics including the economic outlook, the nation’s daunting fiscal challenges, the merits of fiscal stimulus, financial regulatory reform, and foreclosure mitigation. Dr. Zandi is the author of Paying the Price: Ending the Great Recession and Beginning a New American Century, which provides an assessment of the monetary and fiscal policy response to the Great Recession. His other book, Financial Shock: A 360º Look at the Subprime Mortgage Implosion, and How to Avoid the Next Financial Crisis, is described by the New York Times as the “clearest guide” to the financial crisis.
8:00AM – 8:30 AM Registration & Breakfast
8:30 AM – 9:45 AM Discussion followed by Q&A
Mark M. Zandi | Chief Economist | Moody’s Analytics
Be sure to follow ULI New York on Twitter and Instagram using @ULINewYork and #ULINewYork.