ANNUAL ‘GET INVOLVED’ APPLICATION WINDOW FOR FISCAL YEAR 2023 IS NOW CLOSED.
FY2023 Appointment Process & Timing:
- April: Candidate vetting for leadership roles by the ULI NY Governance Committee and for local product council membership by the relevant council leadership
- May/June: New leaders and local product council members confirmed and notified of their appointments
- May/June: Incoming leaders to “shadow” outgoing leaders prior to commencement of their term on July 1, 2022
- July 1, 2022: Commencement of one- or two-year terms for incoming leadership and one-year terms for local product council members
About ULI NY Local Product Councils
Local Product Councils are designed to engage members based on their expertise and passion within the land use industry. The goal is to create a topically focused, multidisciplinary group of mid and senior level professionals involved in a specific facet of real estate who commit to meet on a regular basis, develop trusted connections and share best practices. These Councils provide a forum for information exchange among peers on the “state of the art” within the development field. Our councils are based on the ULI Product Council program – at the New York City level.
ULI New York currently has four Council types:
Local Product Council Structure
Local Product Councils are led by co-chairs who are responsible for content, guest speakers, schedule and membership of the council. Product councils meet on a bi-monthly basis and the membership of each council is in the range of 35-45 people. Members are expected to attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year and participate in the information exchange. Local Product Council participation is application-based, but open only to ULI Members. The Council affiliation fee is $100 for private members or $50 for public/non-profit/student members.
Local Product Councils run on a fiscal year from July to June.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI New York Local Product Council:
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must submit an application (the annual application window is open from January – March)
- Must be a ULI member (Associate or Full)
- Must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Must attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council
- Members can only participate on one Council at a time
How do I become involved in a Local Product Council?
- Join a Council: by submitting an application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
- Attend a Council meeting as a guest: there are 3 guest seats available for each Council meeting. If you would like to experience a Council meeting before applying to join, please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at email@example.com
- Become a Council leader: To learn about the responsibilities of Council leadership, explore the Local Product Council Leadership Handbook. To apply to become a Council leader, submit a leadership application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.