ANNUAL GET INVOLVED APPLICATION WINDOW FOR FY2022 IS NOW OPEN!
Housing Council Member Opportunities
Interested in applying to be a member of the Housing Council? Apply by March 31, 2021.
Housing Council Leadership Opportunities
Interested in applying for a leadership role on our Housing Council? Apply by March 31, 2021.
NOTE: These opportunities are available only to ULI members. You will need your ULI account login credentials (email address + password) in order to submit an application. If you need assistance logging in or resetting your password, please contact ULI Customer Service at 1-800-321-5011 or email@example.com.
The ULI New York Housing Council is a group of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, managers and public sector leaders topically focused around housing policy. Our membership draws from a full range of price points (affordable and market) and housing vehicles (rental, condo, supportive, etc.).
The mission of the ULI New York Housing Council is the development of housing policies and sharing of best practices in support of accessible, affordable, sustainable, and thriving communities throughout New York.
Goals & Objectives
The focus of the ULI New York Housing Council is to discuss opportunities and challenges that relate to the creation, development and financing of housing as it relates to policy. In this context, the Housing Council convenes a diverse group of stakeholders in a forum that contributes to finding solutions for affordability, design, construction and accessibility.
- The Housing Council‘s focal point is the nexus of the solutions that are presented as recommendations; including economic, policy initiatives, the environment and best-practices.
- A key behind this initiative is to integrate the local activities of the ULI New York Housing Council with those of the national level ULI “initiatives groups” which are collaborating on the agenda for full-spectrum housing, workforce housing, land-use, infrastructure and energy.
- This council format is similar ULI’s national product councils. Members convene every other month to hear from a prominent best speaker(s) from the Housing industry.
James Hedden | Managing Member | Treun Realty Investments
Silke Rapelius AIA | Principal | GKV Architects
Vice Chairs for Membership
Susan Wright AIA LEED AP | Founder | Wright Architect
Christopher Reynolds | Director, Development | AvalonBay
Tal Bar-or | Founder | Lantern Company
Bina Bhattacharyya | Associate Partner | Robert A.M. Stern Architects
Bruce K. Bruene | Co-CEO | Keysite Capital Partners
Patrick Connell | Managing Director, Head of Capital Raising | L&L Holding
John Curtis | Director | John Curtis Architecture PLLC
Eric Deuser | Project Development | The Durst Organization
Linh Do | Senior Vice President | AKRF
George Evans | Associate | Goulston & Storrs
Jillian Faulls | Director of Leasing & Sales | Cocoran
Chris Gibaldi | Managing Director, Development | Rose Associates, Inc.
Brett Goldberg | Analyst | Roosevelt Management Company
Anne-Sophie Hall | Design Manager, Senior Associate | Gensler
Douglas Hamilton | Design Director | Archilier Architecture
Jiren He | Construction Manager | Equity Residential
Robert Hellman | Managing Director | Pembrook Capital Management
Monique Henley | Vice President & Regional Director | Rockefeller Group
Mark Hughes | Consultant
Vickram Jambu | Senior Managing Director, Investment Sales | Lee & Associates NYC
Alexandra Kaplan | Project Manager | The Hudson Companies
Robin Kramer | Partner | Duval & Stachenfeld LLP
Jeffrey Levine | Senior Trader | Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Leroy Li | Director of Project Management | Think! Architecture & Design
Thomas Lucid | Senior Vice President | Silverstein Properties
Maria Masi | Senior Vice President, Multifamily Development | Brookfield
Mark Matthews | Assurance Senior Manager | Ernst & Young, LLP
Sharif Mitchell | Principal | Dantes Community Partners
Rob Neiffer | Director of US Asset Management | AXA IM – Real Assets
Caaminee Pandit | Development Manager | Lendlease
Tiffany Rufrano | VP, Director of Asset Management | Related Companies
Toku Saito | Project Manager | Daiwa House
Alexander Saltzman | Partner | Alchemy-ABR Investment Partners
Marc Schulder | Managing Director | BlueGate Partners
Raphael Sidelsky | Chief Investment Officer, Real Estate | W5 Group
Chad Sinsheimer | Managing Director | Ackman-Ziff
John Sweeney | Principal | Park Madison Partners
Julia Tang | Financial Analyst | JLJ Capital
Anthony Tortora | Senior Vice President | LCOR
Eric Wald | Executive Director, Acquisitions | J.P. Morgan Asset Management
Joseph Weishaar | Director, Asset Management | L+M Development Partners
Mark Willis | Senior Policy Fellow | NYU Furman Center
Jie Zhu | Design Director | HLW International
The application window to join the Council is open annually from January through March. Limited guest seats are available for every Council meeting. Please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-773-8825 for more information.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI NY Local Product Council:
- Must be a member of ULI to join a Local Product Council
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must apply (application window is open from January – March)
- Member must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Members can only participate in one Council at a time
- All members must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Council members must attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council