The ULI New York Housing Council is a group of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, managers and public sector leaders topically focused around housing policy. Our membership draws from a full range of price points (affordable and market) and housing vehicles (rental, condo, supportive, etc.).
The mission of the ULI New York Housing Council is the development of housing policies and sharing of best practices in support of accessible, affordable, sustainable, and thriving communities throughout New York.
Goals & Objectives
The focus of the ULI New York Housing Council is to discuss opportunities and challenges that relate to the creation, development and financing of housing as it relates to policy. In this context, the Housing Council convenes a diverse group of stakeholders in a forum that contributes to finding solutions for affordability, design, construction and accessibility.
- The Housing Council‘s focal point is the nexus of the solutions that are presented as recommendations; including economic, policy initiatives, the environment and best-practices.
- A key behind this initiative is to integrate the local activities of the ULI New York Housing Council with those of the national level ULI “initiatives groups” which are collaborating on the agenda for full-spectrum housing, workforce housing, land-use, infrastructure and energy.
- This council format is similar ULI’s national product councils. Members convene every other month to hear from a prominent best speaker(s) from the Housing industry.
Silke Rapelius AIA | Principal | GKV Architects
Chad Sinsheimer | Managing Director | Ackman-Ziff
Vice Chairs for Membership
Jillian Faulls | Licensed Associate RE Broker | Corcoran
Christopher Reynolds | Director, Development | AvalonBay
How do I become involved?
- Join the Council: by submitting an application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
- Attend a Council meeting as a guest: there are 3 guest seats available for each Council meeting. If you would like to experience a Council meeting before applying to join, please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at email@example.com
- Become a Council leader: To learn about the responsibilities of Council leadership, explore the Local Product Council Leadership Handbook. To apply to become a Council leader, submit a leadership application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI NY Local Product Council:
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must submit an application (the annual application window is open from January – March)
- Must be a ULI member (Associate or Full)
- Must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Must attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council
- Members can only participate on one Council at a time