The ULI New York Mixed-Use Council is a group of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, brokers, designers and public sector leaders topically focused around mixed-use development.
The mission of the ULI New York Mixed-Use Council is to advocate for the smart, sustainable, health-promoting development of the New York region’s growing neighborhoods and economic centers and to share best practices in developing compact, transit oriented, mixed-use communities. The New York region must rise to the twin challenges of meeting the housing needs of its growing population and preserving its status as a leading center of global competitiveness and innovation. As a real estate industry leader, you have a vested interest in how the city meets these challenges and the expertise to help craft the next solutions. Let’s work together to help shape the city’s future.
Goals & Objectives
- To promote a pro-growth, pro-development agenda that supports the economic growth of the New York region and enhances our global competitiveness through progressive land use policies and long-term economic development strategies;
- To convene a trusted network of New York City’s best and brightest real estate industry professionals, including a cross section of developers, owners, providers of capital, designers, and related service providers, to share best practices and lessons learned about responsible mixed-use development strategies through the sharing of case studies;
- To provide a forum for information exchange on the state-of-the-art in transit oriented development;
- To serve as a resource to city and state government and the greater public on development policy and responsible urban growth;
- To provide an objective forum for real estate industry leaders to discuss development policy with city and state officials and community members; and
- To balance the need for affordable housing with concerns about density and maintain New York City as a world-class global center.
This council format is similar ULI’s national product councils. Members convene every other month to hear from a prominent best speaker(s) from the Mixed-Use development industry.
Gary Phillips | Managing Director | Eastdil Secured
Miriam Wheeler | Partner & Managing Director | Goldman Sachs
Andy Bernard | Founder | CRE Ventures US
Nate Bliss | Vice-President, Development and Construction | Taconic Investment Partners
Jason Bordenick | Managing Director | Maxim Capital Group
Melissa Burch | Executive General Manager | Lendlease Development
Dino Christoforakis | Head of Transactions, North America | AFIAA U.S. Investment, Inc.
Donald Clinton | Partner | Cooper Robertson
Craig Deitelzweig | CEO | Marx Realty
Elizabeth Demetriou | National Director of Economic Development | LISC
Liliana Diaconu | AVP | DWS / RREEF Management LLC
Nancy Doon | NE Regional Environmental Services Director | VHB
Terri Gumula | President | MMDC Group, LLC
Bill Harris | Managing Director | Perkins+Will
Miriam Harris | Executive Vice President | Trinity Place Holdings Inc.
Steven Horowitz | Chief Legal and Risk Officer | Open Space Institute
Karen Horstmann | Head of Acquisitions | Allianz Real Estate of America
Timothy Johnson | Partner | NBBJ
Jason Kaufman | Vice President, Development & Acquisitions | Silverstein Properties
John Kent | Director | BlackRock Real Assets
Judy Kessler | Consultant | Vornado
Adam Meister | Vice President | The Howard Hughes Corporation
Rich Monopoli | Vice President, Development | Boston Properties
Benjamin Navi | President & Founder | Jimena Companies
Carl W. Ordemann | Principal and Director | Perkins Eastman Architects
Mehul Patel | Chief Operating Officer | Midtown Equities
Chas Peppers | Architect | Efficiency Lab for Architecture
John Pierce | Senior Vice President | Rockefeller Group
A.J. Pires | President | Alloy Development
Sara Queen | Head of Operations and Asset Management, United States | Mapletree
Laura Rapaport | Managing Partner | Carbon Real Estate
Daniel Rudin | Director, Real Estate | KKR
Sujohn Sarkar | Director of Asset Management | Trinity Church Wall Street
Karen Scanna | Partner | Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
Robert Schiffer | Managing Director of the Investments Group | SL Green Realty Corp.
Peter Sibilia | Managing Director | JP Morgan Asset Management
Ellen Sinreich | Principal | The Sinreich Group
Graham Stephens | Principal | Innovo Property Group
Scott Vetri | Partner and Co-Head of NY Real Estate | Katten Muchin Rosenman
Rashid Walker | Managing Director | BRP Companies
Clara Wineberg | Principal | Solomon Cordwell Buenz Architects
Beth Wolfowitz | Real Estate Development | RXR Realty
The application window to join the Council is open annually from January through March. Limited guest seats are available for every Council meeting. Please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at email@example.com or call 917-773-8825 for more information.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI NY Local Product Council:
- Must be a member of ULI to join a Local Product Council
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must apply (application window is open from January – March)
- Member must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Members can only participate in one Council at a time
- All members must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Council members must attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council