ULI New York’s annual ‘GET INVOLVED’ application window for Fiscal Year 2024 is open now until March 31, 2023!
NOTE: These opportunities are available only to ULI members. You will need your ULI account login credentials (email address + password) in order to submit an application. If you need assistance logging in or resetting your password, please contact ULI Customer Service at 1-800-321-5011 or [email protected]
Interested in applying to join a ULI NY Mixed-Use Council?
Apply by March 31, 2023.
Interested in applying for a ULI NY Mixed-Use Council leadership role?
Available opportunities are:
Council Co-Chair (2-year term)
Council Vice-Chair for Membership (2-year term)
Apply by March 31, 2023.
To understand the responsibilities of LPC leadership roles, click here to view the Local Product Council Leadership Resource Manual
The ULI New York Mixed-Use Councils are groups of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, brokers, designers and public sector leaders topically focused around mixed-use development.
The mission of ULI New York Mixed-Use Councils is to advocate for the smart, sustainable, health-promoting development of the New York region’s growing neighborhoods and economic centers and to share best practices in developing compact, transit oriented, mixed-use communities. The New York region must rise to the twin challenges of meeting the housing needs of its growing population and preserving its status as a leading center of global competitiveness and innovation. As a real estate industry leader, you have a vested interest in how the city meets these challenges and the expertise to help craft the next solutions. Let’s work together to help shape the city’s future.
Goals & Objectives
- To promote a pro-growth, pro-development agenda that supports the economic growth of the New York region and enhances our global competitiveness through progressive land use policies and long-term economic development strategies;
- To convene a trusted network of New York City’s best and brightest real estate industry professionals, including a cross section of developers, owners, providers of capital, designers, and related service providers, to share best practices and lessons learned about responsible mixed-use development strategies through the sharing of case studies;
- To provide a forum for information exchange on the state-of-the-art in transit oriented development;
- To serve as a resource to city and state government and the greater public on development policy and responsible urban growth;
- To provide an objective forum for real estate industry leaders to discuss development policy with city and state officials and community members; and
- To balance the need for affordable housing with concerns about density and maintain New York City as a world-class global center.
This council format is similar ULI’s national product councils. Members convene every other month to hear from a prominent best speaker(s) from the Mixed-Use development industry.
ULI New York has two Council flights: Mixed-Use Blue and Mixed-Use Green.
Mixed-Use Blue Co-Chairs
Jason Kaufman | Warner Capital LLC
Beth Zafonte | Akerman
Mixed-Use Green Co-Chairs
Miriam Harris | Priya Living
Julia Murphy | S.O.M.
Click here to view Mixed-Use Blue roster.
Click here to view Mixed-Use Green roster.
How do I become involved?
- Join a Council: by submitting an application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
- Attend a Council meeting as a guest: there are 3 guest seats available for each Council meeting. If you would like to experience a Council meeting before applying to join, please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at [email protected]
- Become a Council leader: To learn about the responsibilities of Council leadership, explore the Local Product Council Leadership Handbook. To apply to become a Council leader, submit a leadership application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI NY Local Product Council:
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must submit an application (the annual application window is open from January – March)
- Must be a ULI member (Associate or Full)
- Must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Must attend 3 out of the 4 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council
- Members can only participate on one Council at a time