ANNUAL GET INVOLVED APPLICATION WINDOW FOR FY2022 IS NOW OPEN!
Mixed-Use Council Member Opportunities
Interested in applying to be a member of the Mixed-Use Council? Apply by March 31, 2021.
Mixed-Use Council Leadership Opportunities
Interested in applying for a leadership role on our Mixed-Use Council? Apply by March 31, 2021.
NOTE: These opportunities are available only to ULI members. You will need your ULI account login credentials (email address + password) in order to submit an application. If you need assistance logging in or resetting your password, please contact ULI Customer Service at 1-800-321-5011 or email@example.com.
The ULI New York Mixed-Use Councils are groups of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, brokers, designers and public sector leaders topically focused around mixed-use development.
The mission of ULI New York Mixed-Use Councils is to advocate for the smart, sustainable, health-promoting development of the New York region’s growing neighborhoods and economic centers and to share best practices in developing compact, transit oriented, mixed-use communities. The New York region must rise to the twin challenges of meeting the housing needs of its growing population and preserving its status as a leading center of global competitiveness and innovation. As a real estate industry leader, you have a vested interest in how the city meets these challenges and the expertise to help craft the next solutions. Let’s work together to help shape the city’s future.
Goals & Objectives
- To promote a pro-growth, pro-development agenda that supports the economic growth of the New York region and enhances our global competitiveness through progressive land use policies and long-term economic development strategies;
- To convene a trusted network of New York City’s best and brightest real estate industry professionals, including a cross section of developers, owners, providers of capital, designers, and related service providers, to share best practices and lessons learned about responsible mixed-use development strategies through the sharing of case studies;
- To provide a forum for information exchange on the state-of-the-art in transit oriented development;
- To serve as a resource to city and state government and the greater public on development policy and responsible urban growth;
- To provide an objective forum for real estate industry leaders to discuss development policy with city and state officials and community members; and
- To balance the need for affordable housing with concerns about density and maintain New York City as a world-class global center.
This council format is similar ULI’s national product councils. Members convene every other month to hear from a prominent best speaker(s) from the Mixed-Use development industry.
Mixed-Use Blue Co-Chairs
Gary Phillips | Partner & Managing Director | Eastdil Secured
Miriam Wheeler | Partner & Managing Director | Goldman Sachs
Mixed-Use Green Co-Chairs
Miriam Harris | Executive Vice President | Trinity Place Holdings Inc.
Paul Fried | Executive Managing Director & Head of Equity Capital Markets | Greystone Capital Advisors, LLC
The application window to join the Council is open annually from January through March. Limited guest seats are available for every Council meeting. Please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-773-8825 for more information.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI NY Local Product Council:
- Must be a member of ULI to join a Local Product Council
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must apply (application window is open from January – March)
- Member must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Members can only participate in one Council at a time
- All members must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Council members must attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council