The ULI New York Mixed-Use Council is a group of prominent New York owners, developers, investors, brokers, designers and public sector leaders topically focused around mixed-use development.
The mission of the ULI New York Mixed-Use Council is to advocate for the smart, sustainable, health-promoting development of the New York region’s growing neighborhoods and economic centers and to share best practices in developing compact, transit oriented, mixed-use communities. The New York region must rise to the twin challenges of meeting the housing needs of its growing population and preserving its status as a leading center of global competitiveness and innovation. As a real estate industry leader, you have a vested interest in how the city meets these challenges and the expertise to help craft the next solutions. Let’s work together to help shape the city’s future.
Goals & Objectives
- To promote a pro-growth, pro-development agenda that supports the economic growth of the New York region and enhances our global competitiveness through progressive land use policies and long-term economic development strategies;
- To convene a trusted network of New York City’s best and brightest real estate industry professionals, including a cross section of developers, owners, providers of capital, designers, and related service providers, to share best practices and lessons learned about responsible mixed-use development strategies through the sharing of case studies;
- To provide a forum for information exchange on the state-of-the-art in transit oriented development;
- To serve as a resource to city and state government and the greater public on development policy and responsible urban growth;
- To provide an objective forum for real estate industry leaders to discuss development policy with city and state officials and community members; and
- To balance the need for affordable housing with concerns about density and maintain New York City as a world-class global center.
This council format is similar ULI’s national product councils. Members convene every other month to hear from a prominent best speaker(s) from the Mixed-Use development industry.
Gary Phillips | Managing Director | Eastdil Secured
Peter Sibilia | Managing Director | JP Morgan Asset Management
|Andy Bernard | Head of Development | Equinox Hotels|
|Nate Bliss | Senior Vice President | NYC EDC|
|Jason Bordenick | Managing Principal | Seven Valleys Capital|
|Melissa Burch | General Manager | Lend Lease|
|Dino Christoforakis | Head of Transactions, N. America | AFIAA U.S. Investment, Inc.|
|Donald Clinton | Partner | Cooper Robertson|
|Bret Nolan Collazzi | Principal | HR&A Advisors|
|Craig Deitelzweig | CEO | Marx Realty|
|Elizabeth Demetriou | National Director of Economic Development | LISC|
|Liliana Diaconu | AVP | DWS / RREEF Management LLC|
|Nancy Doon | NE Regional Environmental Services Director | VHB
Jonathan Drescher | President | Plaxall Inc.
|Jeffrey Dvorett | Executive Vice President | Midwood Investment and Development|
|Terri Gumula | Director, Tri-State Investment Sales | Avison Young|
|Bill Harris | Managing Director | Perkins+Will|
|Miriam Harris | Executive Vice President | Trinity Place Holdings Inc.|
|Steven Horowitz | Chief Legal and Risk Officer | Open Space Institute|
|Timothy Johnson | Partner | NBBJ|
|Jason Kaufman | VP, Development & Acquisitions | Silverstein Properties|
|John Kent | Director | BlackRock Real Assets|
|Judy Kessler | Consultant | Vornado|
|Thomas Lucid | Vice President | Silverstein Properties|
|Adam Meister | Vice President | The Howard Hughes Corporation|
|Rich Monopoli | Vice President, Development | Boston Properties|
|Carl W. Ordemann | Principal and Director | Perkins Eastman Architects|
|Chas Peppers | Architect | Efficiency Lab for Architecture|
|John Pierce | Senior Vice President | Rockefeller Group|
|A.J. Pires | President | Alloy Development|
|Sara Queen | Head of Operations & Asset Management, US | Mapletree|
|Sujohn Sarkar | Director of Asset Management | Trinity Church Wall Street|
|Karen Scanna | Partner | Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP|
|Ellen Sinreich | Principal | The Sinreich Group|
|Graham Stephens | Managing Director | HFF|
|Scott Vetri | Partner and Co-Head of NY Real Estate | Katten Muchin Rosenman|
|Clara Wineberg | Principal | Solomon Cordwell Buenz Architects|
|Beth Wolfowitz | Real Estate Development | RXR Realty|
The application window to join the Council is open annually from January through March. Limited guest seats are available for every Council meeting. Please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-773-8825 for more information.