The mission of the ULI New York Real Estate Technology and Innovation Council is to create a forum where real estate industry leaders, technology providers, and land use policy makers can collaborate to promote technology solutions and innovations that move our communities and cities forward.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide a platform for knowledge-sharing, discussion, brain-storming and problem solving among real estate and land use industry leaders, current and prospective providers of technology-driven solutions, and land use policymakers.
- Facilitate exploration of real estate and land use applications for new technologies, including applications relevant to investment, development, construction, property management, design, public sector and service provider users.
- Promote greater understanding of the opportunities and constraints relative to providing enterprise solutions to real estate corporations and land use institutions.
- Provide a forum for disseminating best practices in data management, cyber security, and technology infrastructure management with respect to real estate and land use technology solutions.
- Support the growth and development of real estate technology startups by providing exposure and access to real estate and land use decision makers.
- Foster collaboration between the real estate and technology industries and the public sector to encourage the adoption of sound land use policymaking and administration that embraces emerging technology and innovation.
Nikki Greenberg | Founder | Real Estate of the Future, and Women in PropTech
Cindy McLaughlin | CEO | Envelope
Vice Chairs for Membership
Victor Amoo | Loan Officer | Basis Investment Group
Matt Boras | Senior Vice President | RXR Realty
How do I become involved?
- Join the Council: by submitting an application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
- Attend a Council meeting as a guest: there are 3 guest seats available for each Council meeting. If you would like to experience a Council meeting before applying to join, please contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a Council leader: To learn about the responsibilities of Council leadership, explore the Local Product Council Leadership Handbook. To apply to become a Council leader, submit a leadership application during the application window, which is open annually from January to March.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI NY Local Product Council:
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must submit an application (the annual application window is open from January – March)
- Must be a ULI member (Associate or Full)
- Must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- Must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Must attend 4 out of the 6 meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council
- Members can only participate on one Council at a time