ANNUAL GET INVOLVED APPLICATION WINDOW FOR FY2022 IS NOW OPEN!
NEXT New York Member Opportunities
Interested in applying to be a member of NEXT New York? Apply by March 31, 2021.
NEXT New York Leadership Opportunities
Interested in applying for a NEXT New York leadership role? Apply by March 31, 2021.
NOTE: These opportunities are available only to ULI members. You will need your ULI account login credentials (email address + password) in order to submit an application. If you need assistance logging in or resetting your password, please contact ULI Customer Service at 1-800-321-5011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ULI NEXT New York is a distinct membership group, where mid-career leaders can engage in discussions around topics that impact their businesses, help them develop professionally, and support a deeper understanding of the community in which they live. Additionally, ULI NEXT New York provides members the platform for both formal and informal discussions around ways to better engage in the District Council that builds upon previous leadership and participation opportunities offered through the Young Leaders Group, and also differentiates in ways that are beneficial to this distinct group of members looking to continue overall engagement and contribution to ULI.
Unlike typical ULI offerings for engagement, ULI NEXT New York aims to provide a forum for deeper knowledge sharing through interactive issue-based group work, as well as socially-focused gatherings not currently offered. This committed and recurring gathering of the group develops more meaningful connections as a result.
ULI NEXT New York is a product council-styled, 35-45 year-old cohort, representing diverse industry and community perspectives. It strives to include professionals that may not currently be represented in the ULI membership base, thus broadening reach and further diversifying perspectives and knowledge sharing. Membership in ULI is a requirement to become a participant in ULI NEXT New York.
Ruth Ann Blankenheim | Vice President, Asset Management| PGIM Real Estate
Matt Johnston | Associate Portfolio Manager | Elliott Managment Corporation
Jonathan Gouveia | SVP and Head, Real Estate & Planning | NYCHA
NEXT New York Members
|Jacob Baron | Vice President, Head of Special Assets | AIG
David Beznos | Managing Director | Dune Real Estate Partners
Kate Bicknell | Vice President, Development | Oxford Properties
Jason Bordenick | Managing Director & Co-Portfolio Manager | Maxim Capital Group
Michael Bowden | Associate | KPFF
Daniel Bower | Vice President, Design and Construction | Rockefeller Group
Ezra Michael Brathwaite | Real Estate Project Manager | St. Nicks Alliance
Mark Brennan | Vice President, Development | Federal Realty Investment Trust
Keith Brodock | Principal | Integral Engineering, P.C.
David Brown | Principal | Woods Bagot
Robert Calhoun | Managing Director | CoStar Group
Jessica Casas | Senior Corporate Global Real Estate Manager | Avery Dennison
Melissa Cohen | Director of Development | EJS Development
Patrick James Connell | Managing Director, Head of Capital Raising | L&L Holding Company
Phu Duong | Principal | NBBJ
Andy Feinberg | Managing Director | Ackman-Ziff Real Estate
Mike Ferry | Vice President, Co-Head of Development | Welltower™ Inc.
Jessica Fraser | Director of Development | Macy’s
Dana Getman | Principal | SHoP Architects
Justin Ginsburgh | Principal, Extreme Density, Last Mile Team | Amazon
Aron Gooblar | Vice President | Washington Square Partners
Jordan Hare | Director of Planning | Plaxall
Cary Hirschstein | Partner | HR&A Advisors
Diego Hodara | Founder & CEO | Titanium Realty Group
Jason Kaufman | Managing Director – Fund Management | Silverstein Properties, Inc.
Ehud Kupperman | Director | Madison International Realty
Jeffrey Levine | Senior Trader | Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Jinquan Liang | Senior Associate | NYC EDC
James Maher | Principal | Admiral Capital Group
Gregory Melitonov | Partner | Taller KEN
Trista Miller | Associate Director, Investments | Sidewalk Labs
Jennifer Mitchell | Project Director | CitizenM Hotels
Sharif Mitchell | Principal | Dantes Community Partners
Caesar Nguyen | Senior Director, Real Estate – East Coast | Common Living
Neeti Patel | Senior Vice President | JLL
Mehul Patel | Chief Operating Officer | Midtown Equities
Daniel Payne | Managing Principal | AEA Consulting
David Perlman | Managing Director, Head of Capital Markets & NY Office | Thorofare Capital, Inc.
Alex Polier | Senior Vice President, Business Development & Communications | ODA New York
Paul Proulx | Partner | Carter Ledyard & Milburn
David Quart | Northeast Regional Real Estate Market Leader | VHB
Serge Reda | Director of Due Diligence & Development Feasibility | Cedar Realty Trust
Jay Remillard | Director of Asset Management | HQ Capital
Alexis Saba | Associate | Sive, Paget & Riesel P.C.
Toku Saito | Project Manager | Daiwa House
Alexander Saltzman | Partner | Alchemy-ABR Investment Partners
Jonathan Salzinger | Vice President | Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Faizal Sheriff | Senior Banker | Morgan Stanley
Brett Sherman | Principal, PBS Client Solutions | Stantec
Joy Sinderbrand | Vice President – Recovery & Resilience Department | NYCHA
Jason Starr | Managing Director, Real Estate | Monroe Capital
Christopher Turner | Director, Transaction Services | Denham Wolf Real Estate Services
Andrea Wong Miller | Assistant Vice President | Richman Housing Resources LLC
Meetings & Topics
ULI NEXT New York meets every other month, alternating between breakfast and after-work meetings to accommodate members’ schedules. ULI NEXT New York leadership, in consultation with the members, identifies broad categories for issue-based group meetings. Members are responsible for identifying a subject and the means to facilitate a meaningful exchange, be it through a deep-dive facilitated discussion, group interviews with relevant stakeholders, or some other forum for knowledge sharing.
Content provided by NEXT New York since its launch includes:
- Kickoff Meeting featuring Marty Burger, CEO Silverstein Properties and ULI NY Chair
- Special Tour of Gotham Greens, Gowanus
- Personal & Professional Development: Leadership Development/Coaching with Valia Glytsis (Founder, Paradox of Leadership)
- Speed Networking at SHoP Architects
- Best Practices for Public Private Partnerships featuring Carolee Fink (NYCEDC) and Justin Ginsburgh (Motivate)
- Special Conversation with Sidewalk Labs
- Special Presentation on the BQX led by NYCEDC, Two Trees, and Friends of the BQX
- Behind-the-scenes Tour of the newly developed Cornell Tech campus led by Forest City
- Panel Discussion on the new NYC Cultural Plan hosted at the Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art & Storytelling in Harlem featuring Tom Finkelpearl (NYC Cultural Affairs Commissioner), Lauren Kelley (Executive Director and Chief Curator of the Sugar Hill Children’s Museum) and Ellen Baxter (Founder of Broadway Housing Communities)
- Panel Discussion on Supportive Housing featuring JoAnne Page (President & CEO of The Fortune Society) and Jen Trepinski (Director of Loan Originations at the Corporation for Supportive Housing) hosted at Castle Gardens in Harlem, a unique project co-developed by the Fortune Society and Jonathan Rose Companies
- Future growth of ULI NEXT NY – presentation of the group’s accomplishments since its launch and interactive discussion on next steps hosted at SHoP Architects
- Special Discussion on Autonomous Vehicles and their impact on the design of a city featuring Joshua Benson, AICP (Deputy Commissioner for Traffic Operations, NYC Department of Transportation), Margaret Newman (Principal, Integrated Planning, Arup) and Jeffrey Shumaker (Director of Urban Planning and Design, KPF) hosted at Arup
How to join?
Membership in ULI NEXT New York is application-based. Applicants interested in joining ULI NEXT New York will be evaluated by the NEXT leadership team based on each individual’s role in their organization, background, and overall fit with the mission and group dynamic. Membership in ULI is a requirement to become a participant in the ULI NEXT New York cohort.
The application window is open from January – March.
Interested in learning more about NEXT NY? Contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at email@example.com or call 917-773-8825 for more information.