NOTE: These opportunities are available only to ULI members. You will need your ULI account login credentials (email address and password) in order to submit an application. If you need assistance logging in or resetting your password, please contact ULI Customer Service at 1-800-321-5011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ULI NEXT New York is a distinct membership group, where mid-career leaders can engage in discussions around topics that impact their businesses, help them develop professionally, and support a deeper understanding of the community in which they live. Additionally, ULI NEXT New York provides members the platform for both formal and informal discussions around ways to better engage in the District Council that builds upon previous leadership and participation opportunities offered through the Young Leaders Group, and also differentiates in ways that are beneficial to this distinct group of members looking to continue overall engagement and contribution to ULI.
Unlike typical ULI offerings for engagement, ULI NEXT New York aims to provide a forum for deeper knowledge sharing through interactive issue-based group work, as well as socially-focused gatherings not currently offered. This committed and recurring gathering of the group develops more meaningful connections as a result.
ULI NEXT New York is a product council-styled, 35-45 year-old cohort, representing diverse industry and community perspectives. It strives to include professionals that may not currently be represented in the ULI membership base, thus broadening reach and further diversifying perspectives and knowledge sharing. Membership in ULI is a requirement to become a participant in ULI NEXT New York.
Ruth Ann Blankenheim | Vice President, Asset Management| PGIM Real Estate
Jonathan Gouveia | SVP and Head, Real Estate & Planning | NYCHA
Kelley Lovshin | Senior Construction Manager | Boston Properties
NEXT New York Members
|Zachary Bernstein | Partner Real Estate | Friedfrank|
|David Beznos | Managing Director | Dune Real Estate Partners|
|Kate Bicknell | Vice President, Development | Oxford Properties|
|Jason Bordenick | Managing Principal | Seven Valleys Capital|
|Daniel Bower | Vice President | Rockefeller Group|
|Ezra Michael Brathwaite | Program Fellow | REAP – Real Estate Associate Program|
|Mark Brennan | Vice President, Development | Federal Realty Investment Trust|
|David Brown | Principal | Woods Bagot|
|Cassandra Charles | Vice President | Focal Point Project Management|
|Patrick James Connell | Managing Director, Head of Capital Raising | L&L Holding Company|
|Phu Duong | Principal | NBBJ|
|Andy Feinberg | Managing Director | Ackman-Ziff Real Estate|
|Mike Ferry | Managing Director and COO | DDG Partners LLC|
|Dana Getman | Associate Principal | SHoP Architects|
|Justin Ginsburgh | Director JFK Infrastructure Strategy & Development | Jet Blue|
|Aron Gooblar | Vice President | Washington Square Partners|
|Patrick Heffernan | Portfolio Manager / Director of Private RE Investing | Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.|
|Cary Hirschstein | Partner | HR&A Advisors|
|Diego Hodara | Principal | Titanium Realty Group|
|Matt Johnston | Associate Portfolio Manager | Elliott Managment Corporation|
|Zahara Kassam | Managing Principal | Moka Hospitality|
|Jason Kaufman | Senior Vice President | Silverstein Properties, Inc.|
|Ehud Kupperman | Senior Vice President, Development | Urban Edge Properties|
|Jeffrey Levine | Senior Trader | Federal Reserve Bank of New York|
|Jinquan Liang | Senior Associate | NYC EDC|
|Han Lo | Managing Partner | Tatami|
|Ayesha Menon | Senior Vice President – Investments | Welltower|
|Trista Miller | Associate Director, Corp Dev – RE Investments | Sidewalk Labs|
|Jennifer Mitchell | Project Director | CitizenM Hotels|
|Mehul Patel | Chief Operating Officer | Midwood|
|Neeti Patel | Senior Vice President | JLL|
|Daniel Payne | Principal | AEA Consulting|
|Paul Proulx | Partner | Carter Ledyard & Milburn|
|David Quart | NYC Real Estate Market Leader | VHB|
|Serge Reda | Director of Due Diligence & Development Feasibility | Cedar Realty Trust|
|David Riedel | Cofounder & Managing Director | AI. SpaceFactory Inc.|
|Tiffany Rufrano | Vice President, Director of Asset Management | Related Companies|
|Benjamin Shepherd | Director | Atelier Ten|
|Joy Sinderbrand | Vice President – Recovery & Resilience Department | New York City Housing Authority|
|Christopher Turner | Director, Transaction Services | Denham Wolf Real Estate Services|
|Beth Wolfowitz | Real Estate Development | RXR Realty|
|Andrea Wong Miller | Richman Housing Resources LLC|
Meetings & Topics
ULI NEXT New York meets every other month, alternating between breakfast and after-work meetings to accommodate members’ schedules. ULI NEXT New York leadership, in consultation with the members, identifies broad categories for issue-based group meetings. Members are responsible for identifying a subject and the means to facilitate a meaningful exchange, be it through a deep-dive facilitated discussion, group interviews with relevant stakeholders, or some other forum for knowledge sharing.
Content provided by NEXT New York since its launch includes:
- Kickoff Meeting featuring Marty Burger, CEO Silverstein Properties and ULI NY Chair
- Special Tour of Gotham Greens, Gowanus
- Personal & Professional Development: Leadership Development/Coaching with Valia Glytsis (Founder, Paradox of Leadership)
- Speed Networking at SHoP Architects
- Best Practices for Public Private Partnerships featuring Carolee Fink (NYCEDC) and Justin Ginsburgh (Motivate)
- Special Conversation with Sidewalk Labs
- Special Presentation on the BQX led by NYCEDC, Two Trees, and Friends of the BQX
- Behind-the-scenes Tour of the newly developed Cornell Tech campus led by Forest City
- Panel Discussion on the new NYC Cultural Plan hosted at the Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art & Storytelling in Harlem featuring Tom Finkelpearl (NYC Cultural Affairs Commissioner), Lauren Kelley (Executive Director and Chief Curator of the Sugar Hill Children’s Museum) and Ellen Baxter (Founder of Broadway Housing Communities)
- Panel Discussion on Supportive Housing featuring JoAnne Page (President & CEO of The Fortune Society) and Jen Trepinski (Director of Loan Originations at the Corporation for Supportive Housing) hosted at Castle Gardens in Harlem, a unique project co-developed by the Fortune Society and Jonathan Rose Companies
- Future growth of ULI NEXT NY – presentation of the group’s accomplishments since its launch and interactive discussion on next steps hosted at SHoP Architects
- Special Discussion on Autonomous Vehicles and their impact on the design of a city featuring Joshua Benson, AICP (Deputy Commissioner for Traffic Operations, NYC Department of Transportation), Margaret Newman (Principal, Integrated Planning, Arup) and Jeffrey Shumaker (Director of Urban Planning and Design, KPF) hosted at Arup
How to join?
Membership in ULI NEXT New York is application-based. Applicants interested in joining ULI NEXT New York will be evaluated by the NEXT leadership team based on each individual’s role in their organization, background, and overall fit with the mission and group dynamic. Membership in ULI is a requirement to become a participant in the ULI NEXT New York cohort.
The application window is open from January – March.
Interested in learning more about NEXT NY? Contact Chris Karakul via e-mail at email@example.com or call 917-773-8825 for more information.