The YLG Executive Co-Chairs oversee the operations of each committee to ensure that the current vision of ULI is appropriately disseminated. The Co-Chairs are also responsible for further development of the vision and goals of YLG as it operates in the New York market.
The Young Leaders Group at ULI NY is known for having an active calendar. As such, the YLG Programming Committee is integral in organizing programs and delivering timely and relevant content to our member base. Through its five subcommittees – Secrets of Success, Peer-to-Peer, Mobile Workshops, Socials, and Out & About – the YLG Programming Committee provides an opportunity for a collection of motivated member volunteers to create programs that allow our membership base to cultivate a network while improving both their personal and business acumen.
- Secrets of Success are intimate unscripted events that allow YLG members to have access to, learn from, and ask questions of influential leaders in the real estate community
- Peer-to-Peer are programs that offer the opportunity to discuss issues that real estate professionals and the industry face each day
- Mobile Workshops are unique opportunities to have an inside look at interesting projects or emerging neighborhoods and are guided by industry professionals
- Socials are gatherings intended to provide YLG members with a medium to meet other young professionals and develop their network
- Out & About are informal networking and volunteer opportunities that allow our Young Leaders to give back to their local community
Cultivating a strong relationship with the YLG membership base is a key component to ensuring that our members are – and remain – engaged. The Membership Committee will become intrinsic in providing a positive member experience. Committee members will be a conduit between ULI NY’s leadership and the YLG membership base.
Ensuring that the programs offered to our membership base and opportunities to get involved are appropriately conveyed is essential to the success of the Young Leaders Group. The Communications Committee is responsible for delivering information about upcoming programs to our members, as well as ensuring that the local real estate community is aware of what has been happening within the organization. Consistently conveying the YLG experience through several forms of media helps increase ULI NY’s visibility within the industry.
ULI is known for its development and delivery of educational content to its members. The Professional Development Committee will be responsible for creating educationally-based programs and series that will be available to our members throughout the year. This will include partnerships with local institutions and a focus on profession skill development relevant to the real estate industry.