Call for Panelists! ULI NY TAP: Broadway Junction
Upcoming Technical Assistance Panel (TAP)
Broadway Junction – Brooklyn, NY
June 25–26, 2014
ULI New York is seeking panelists for an upcoming TAP, details are below. If you are interested in serving as a panelist, please contact Sarah Krautheim. During this program, a panel of 6-12 ULI members provide local governments and non-profits with the information and tools needed to move projects from the backburner to full steam ahead through a two-day, free consultation service. Master plans, achieving a broader tax base, market feasibility, and financial structuring are just a few examples of how a Technical Assistance Panel can help a community tackle land use issues.
ULI New York will be conducting a TAP surrounding the Broadway Junction New York City Subway station complex located at the border of the Bedford-Stuyvesant and East New York neighborhoods of Brooklyn. The TAP will assist the NYC Department of City Planning with proposing strategies to incentivize large-scale and mixed-use development along the key blocks between Fulton Street and Atlantic Avenue and create new employment, retail, and entertainment opportunities for surrounding residential communities.
The sponsor has asked us to address the following issues:
- Propose and evaluate strategies to incentivize large-scale and mixed-use development that would incentivize the creation of: Retail and entertainment uses, Educational and anchor institutions, Mixed-income housing and Community facility spaces
- Analyze potential zoning changes that would be necessary to facilitate and catalyze mixed use development in the core of the study area.
- Propose public space access improvements.
- Propose innovative economic generating infrastructure improvement that will enliven and activate the street-level experience.
- Consider the feasibility for the adaptive reuse of the MTA (LIRR) substation located at the junction of East New York and Snediker Avenues.
We are seeking the following areas of expertise:
- Architecture/Urban Design
- Community Development Finance
- Development (urban mixed use, large-scale, retail, transit-oriented)
- Market Analysis
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Zoning (legal)
Panelists MUST be able to commit to the full two days of the TAP on Wednesday, June 25th and Thursday, June 26th (8:00 am – 6:00 pm) and a 60-minute briefing prior to the TAP (date TBA) If you are interested in serving on this TAP, please contact Sarah Krautheim and include your resume/CV.
For ULI New York TAP Conflict of Interest Guidelines, click here.