Call for Panelists! University Heights Technical Assistance Panel (TAP)
University Heights — Bronx, NY
July 23-24, 2014
ULI New York is seeking panelists for an upcoming TAP, details are below. If you are interested in serving as a panelist, please contact Sarah Krautheim.
During this two-day program, a panel of 6-12 ULI members provide local governments and non-profits with the information and tools needed to move projects from the backburner to full steam ahead through a two day, free consultation service. Master plans, achieving a broader tax base,
market feasibility, and financial structuring are just a few examples of how a Technical Assistance Panel can help a community tackle land use issues.
ULI New York will be conducting a TAP in the University Heights neighborhood of the Bronx on July 23 and 24. The study will evaluate the development potential of the Harlem River waterfront sites immediately adjacent to the University Heights Bridge and propose ways to connect the waterfront sites and the Metro-North station and other proximate transit options to the existing upland communities to the east of the Major Deegan Expressway to create a more integrated and complete community.
The sponsor has asked us to address the following issues:
- Evaluate and propose mixed-use development scenarios that would be feasible for the waterfront sites.
- Conduct a zoning analysis of the waterfront sites and propose zoning changes, including changes to existing parking requirements, which would be necessary to facilitate and catalyze the desired mixed-use development.
- Evaluate opportunities to capture value and self-finance public infrastructure improvements.
- Assess the type and cost of any required public investments necessary to incentivize development on the waterfront sites.
- Improving pedestrian connections between the waterfront sites and the upland community, as well as to potential adjacent communities to the south (e.g. Robert Clemente Park) and across the Harlem River.
We are seeking the following areas of expertise:
- Architecture/Urban Design
- Community Development Finance
- Development (urban mixed use, large-scale, retail, transit-oriented)
- Market Analysis
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Zoning (legal)
Panelists MUST be able to commit to the full two days of the TAP on Wednesday, July 23 and Thursday, July 24 (8:00 AM – 6:00 PM) and a 60-minute briefing prior to the TAP (date TBA)
If you are interested in serving on this TAP, please contact Sarah Krautheim and include your resume/CV.