ULI’s New York District Council will host a panel discussion entitled “Regulation Navigation: New Financial Regulations and their Impact on Commercial Real Estate.” The program will take place at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at the offices of Shearman & Sterling, LLP, located at 599 Lexington Avenue in New York City.
Andy Feinberg, Director at Ackman-Ziff, will moderate a distinguished panel of speakers from leading lending, investment, legal and regulatory communities including
- Peter D’Arcy, President of the New York Region for M&T Bank,
- Adam B. Ashcraft, Senior Vice President and Head of Credit Risk Management at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York,
- Warren H. Friend, Managing Director at BlackRock Solutions Financial Markets Advisory Group,
- Richard Jones, Co-Chair of Dechert, LLP and
- Paul T. Vanderslice, Managing Director at Citigroup Global Markets.
The panel will examine current and prospective financial regulations in the post-recession economy including Dodd-Frank, with particular reference to the Volcker Rule, Basel III and the new capital gains rate, and will analyze their impact on commercial real estate financing and investment. Speakers will also discuss the LIBOR scandal and its subsequent effects, as well as the developments that will shape the future of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the real estate industry.
For more information, or to register, click here.