The Tri-State Land Use Council (TSLUC) is a regional partnership between ULI’s New York, Westchester/Fairfield, and Northern New Jersey District Councils that provides elected and public officials with a nonpartisan platform for networking, learning, and collaborating to address issues related to land use policy, including: urban and suburban growth, economic development, housing, transportation, and market trends. Participation is offered exclusively to mayors, city managers, and other appropriate elected representatives; as well as public officials in planning, economic development, housing, and transportation who serve within the Tri-State metro region.
Provides an opportunity for regional public officials to:
- Convene on a regional, multi-jurisdictional basis in a closed-door setting.
- Curate agendas for discussion with peers on topics of interest to your jurisdiction.
- Learn best practices in real estate development for promoting regional economic competitiveness and strategies to attract development for the wellbeing of your jurisdiction and the region.
- Draw upon ULI’s best practices, resources, and expertise for solutions.
- Build relationships with a trusted network of regional officials and identify opportunities for cross-jurisdictional collaboration.
Discussion topic areas include:
- Leveraging real estate for economic development
- Creation of complete communities
- Economic vitality
- Regional market trends
- Office/industrial park conversion
- Tax policy
- Commercial corridor redevelopment
For more information, please contact Sofia Guerrero via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-773-8834.