INTRODUCING THE NEW COHORT PROGRAM FROM ULI NEW YORK’S YOUNG LEADERS GROUP!
Within each Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to expand their professional networks, explore potential market opportunities, and engage with one another in an informal environment, creating lasting friendships.
Our first group of Cohorts just launched in fall of 2021! Stay tuned to hear about future opportunities to be involved with this exciting program!
*Be sure your ULI profile reflects that you are under 35 (by entering your DOB in your ULI profile) and that you are opted in for ULI New York emails to receive future updates
- Participants will be divided into groups (Cohorts) of 4-6 participants
- Participants will be required to fill out a questionnaire sent via email to current ULI NY YLGs in order to be grouped by professional interests, career stage, and geography
- Cohorts are encouraged to meet regularly at ULI New York programs/events and/or at informal gatherings planned by respective Cohorts
- Each Cohort will have a dedicated Facilitator that will act as the lead of the Cohort group (Facilitator role explained below)
Roles and Expectations:
Each Cohort is the sum of its parts. Participants and Facilitators are expected to devote proper time to the program and maintain active communication with other members.
Participant Role and Responsibilities:
- Participate in cohort meetings and Cohort Program activities
- Stay involved in your cohort’s communication i.e. WhatsApp, GroupMe, or other group text chats
- Coordinate attendance to ULI events with fellow cohort members
Facilitator Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accountability for the Cohort – serving as “team captain”
- Promote communication, engagement, and a social atmosphere within each Cohort
- Serve as liaison between the Cohorts and the YLG Professional Development Committee
- Assist in the coordination of the Cohort Program calendar
- Work as a collective with other Facilitators to promote and improve Cohort engagement
Want to help plan and expand our new program?
This year is the inaugural launch of The Cohort Program, which creates a unique opportunity for Facilitators to get involved early. We’re asking interested potential Facilitators to submit their questionnaires as soon as possible to be considered for our Facilitator Planning Group. This group will have the opportunity to work directly with the YLG Professional Development Committee and help shape the future of this program.