Local Product Councils
Local Product Councils are designed to engage members based on their expertise and passion within the land use industry. The goal is to create a topically focused, multidisciplinary group of mid and senior level professionals involved in a specific facet of real estate who commit to meet on a regular basis, develop trusted connections and share best practices. ULI New York’s Housing, Infrastructure, and Mixed-Use Councils provide a forum for information exchange among peers on the “state of the art” within the development field. Our councils are based on the ULI Product Council program – at the New York City level.
Local Product Council Structure
Success of the Local Product Councils is built upon passionate leadership, participation, and creating the right mixture of expertise. Councils provide opportunities for leadership and volunteer involvement in ULI at the local level by fostering a culture of openness, promoting excellence in programming, and sharing of issues critical to the land use planning and real estate development industries.
Local Product Councils are led by co-chairs who are responsible for content, guest speakers, schedule and membership of the council. Membership of each council is in the range of 25-40 people, and members will be expected to attend meetings regularly and participate in the information exchange. Each product council will determine its meeting frequency, but will range from 4-8 meetings each year. Membership in Local Product Councils is free, but open only to ULI Members. If availability to participate in a product council is full, a wait list will be created.
Basic Guidelines for a ULI New York Local Product Council:
- Topic supports ULI mission
- Must be a member of ULI to join a local product council
- Non-ULI members may attend a meeting as a guest but must join ULI to attend future meetings
- Product council size may range from 25-40 people, as determined by the co-chairs
- Local product councils meet regularly as determined by the group
- All members must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Regular attendance is required to remain on the product council
- Member must have relevant knowledge of subject matter
- No more than two members of a firm may sit on the same product council
- Diversity of member expertise (service providers, developers, lenders, etc)
- Seek diversity of membership by gender, ethnicity and age
- Limited number of guest seats for each meeting
How do I become involved in a Local Product Council?
- Submit a formal request to Felix Ciampa. You will be asked to submit a resume or bio in order for the co-chairs to balance the membership of the council.
- Attend a meeting as a guest.